Here are some cheats and tips to get you started with Mortal Kombat X:
- Choosing a character in Mortal Kombat X is not as easy as you might think. You first have to be familiar with all three fighting styles, which can vary so much that they might make you think you’re playing a different character. You might, for example, like Kitana’s Royal Storm fight style, but not her Mournful variant (which basically turns her into Jade from MK9).
- Keep in mind Mortal Kombat X is very different to MK9 and Injustice: Gods Among Us. Even if you’ve played these games before, you’ll still need time to get used to the gameplay and the character you choose. It is therefore important you spend some time in Training Mode before going for some multiplayer fights.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is meter management. There’s the standard meter which controls your Enhanced Special Moves and X-Ray attacks, but also a stamina meter located below the health bar which controls Breakers and running. For instance, a Breaker needs two stocks of your standard meter, in addition to at least half your stamina meter.
- There are quite a lot of new characters in Mortal Kombat X, so even if you don’t like playing as all of them, it’s still useful to head over to Training Mode and try out all the different fighting style variations. At least you’ll know what to expect when you have to eventually defend against these new characters.
- Frame rate data is shown in your character’s move list, and even though you don’t need to use this information to be good at the game, it can still help you a lot. You should at least look for the Block Advantage section of the frame data – if the Block Advantage on an attack is higher than -7, the attack can be countered by most characters if it’s blocked. You should try to avoid using these kinds of attacks unless you cancel into a safe special move.
- A great way to hit your opponent is by finding at least one attack that hits overhead and one attack that hits low. Combining these attacks will certainly surprise you opponents, as they try to guess what they will have to block next. The best way to do this would be to find an overhead or low attack that leads into a combo.
- Most characters have at least one enhanced special move that has armor, meaning it will go through at least one of your opponent’s attacks if timed correctly. This can help you get out of a tight spot, or at least interrupt an opponent’s attack allowing you to start your own combo.
- You should practice wakeup attacks in Training Mode in order to be ready to get off the ground when pressured by an opponent. Enhanced attacks that have armor work very well as wakeup attacks, so you should practice them in Training Mode by recording the AI opponent knocking you down, and attacking just as you stand up. If the AI attack beats your wakeup attack, it means either your enhanced wakeup attack doesn’t have armor (not all characters have armor attacks), or should keep practicing your timing.
Top 5 Mortal Kombat X PRO Tips and Cheats – Strategy Guide Video
About Mortal Kombat X
Developer: Warner Bros. International Enterprises
If you liked this guide, don’t forget to rate and share. Also if you have other Mortal Kombat X cheats, tricks or strategies, share them in the comments below.
Rate This Game
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes yet! Be the first to rate this game.